The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are everyones plots shapin up this year??

I planted a large plot with a mix of peas, soybean, sunflowers and sorghum and it looks fantastic even with the lack of rain we've had. Probably the nicest lookin plot I've ever planted.

On the other hand all of my clover plots are burnt and look terrible

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Clover plots are rough looking... weeds, dry, burnt, etc..

Some small areas of brassicas looks real good.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
For the first time ever, I had a clover planting fail.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Clover and alfalfa look good. Hoping with the dry year they draw well this fall.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
My brassicas are doing well considering the amount of rain we've gotten. They are starting to dry out though. I planted about 1.5 acres of rye with about an acre of that with ladino today. A little late but we had tractor problems.

60% chance of rain tonight, I sure hope so!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have powerplant mix going that I planted late may. It's doing awesome as well. Ic peas and soybeans have pods. The lablab got hammered late July and early august. They still hit it but not as much. It grew like crazy. My clover is doing ok but could be doing better. They seem to like the chicory right now.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My cowpeas and sourghum look great.My winter plot of red clover wintet rye winter peas and oats that i planted 3 weeka ago looks crappy.I just over seeded with two bags of rye two days ago.I'm hoping it was so dry most of the previous seed was still viable.Had very little germination due to lack of rain.Could be a good sign,keepin my fingers crossed!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Awful, horrible and pretty much dead is how I would describe mine. Just too darn dry and most of what did come up got eaten already.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts