The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far we've done green beans(lots), dilled green beans, carrots, beets, and dill pickles. Doing bread and butter pickles tonight. I can't remember having so many jars canned this early in the year. The garden has been booming. Patiently waiting on hot peppers, and tomatoes.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
So far, I've canned 6 quarts of bread and butter pickles, a half gallon of dill pickles, 15 quarts of pickled beets, 20 pints of beans, 8 pints of carrots, 2 quarts of jalapenos, and I have two quarts of pepperonchini peppers I am attempting to ferment. I've never tried this before and think I'll feed a few to the neighbor's cats before I try them. I just got done canning 6 pints of salsa this evening and have approximately 4 gallons of sauerkraut brewing. I have been juicing my tomatoes and freezing it so I can make sauce in one big batch. I have 10, one gallon freezer bags of tomato juice waiting. I don't know if I will juice anymore. I've been putting a small stand at the end of the driveway the past week and have been selling tomatoes and peppers like crazy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts