·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I think its in early January, keep checking the website for opening order date

·
Registered
12,256 Posts
I think its in early January, keep checking the website for opening order date

Yes. Last year though they had issues and it was later before they started accepting them if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just checked and they say suspended till 2019!

·
Registered
24,822 Posts
12/22/2017
GAME COMMISSION SUSPENDS SEEDLING SALES TO PUBLIC
HARRISBURG, PA - Tree and shrub seedlings from the Pennsylvania Game Commission’s Howard Nursery will not be offered for sale to the public in 2018 due to drastically low inventories.
Seedlings will continue to be supplied to participants in the Seedlings for Schools Program, as well as to landowners who open their lands to public hunting through the Game Commission’s Hunter Access Program, but there are too few seedlings to offer for public sale.
The Game Commission hopes to resume seedling sales to the public in 2019.
The existing seedling shortage is due to germination failure in a couple of conifer species.
The Game Commission’s annual seedling sale – a way to benefit wildlife statewide by improving habitat – has been popular with the public. Sales typically open in mid-January, and the variety of seedling offered varies from year to year.

·
Registered
654 Posts
That's a bummer. They had some stuff not available recently like paw paw that I'd have picked up. But happy to have one less thing to do next spring since I always buy too much stuff. Maybe get some bigger spruce from the conservation district again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts