The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Once you have a CID number assigned, its yours for life.

I think many people got their numbers assigned early.;)

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
As do I. Pretty cool keepsake, don't ya think?

·
Registered
484 Posts
ICAREDOYOU said:
I know of a young fellow that got his mentor permit before he was 1 year old.
Now that's a Dad who is looking for a lot out of his son...LOL!!!

My boy has been hunting with me since he was five, but this is the first year a "permit" was required to engage in the Mentored Youth Program, so he was nine when he got his CID#.

Bagged his first buck this season, too.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts

You may want to send a letter of support for House Bill 281 (allows the transfer of a doe tag from an adult mentor to the mentored youth). Its stuck in committee right now, and we're trying to get it to move.

Emails go to [email protected]

·
Registered
837 Posts
We hunt in Maryland and my son passed the hunter safety course last summer at age 7 and killed deer, squirrels and geese last season.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Yep,

I like Maryland's system!

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
bcb390 said:
We hunt in Maryland and my son passed the hunter safety course last summer at age 7 and killed deer, squirrels and geese last season.
Must be a big diff. in kids that hunt/live south of the Mason-Dixon...

·
Registered
730 Posts
My boy just turned 9 this year this is the first year im letting him acually hunt deer with his own rifle the last two years he has sat with me or mom without shooting he was there to learn how it works from the walk in to the dragging to the butchering after two years of draggind out mom and dads deer I bought him a 7mm-08 this year and he will be sitting with me on the first day of rifle with his gun and the first buck is all his if he can fight off buck fever that is

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My grandson is 4 months old and has his second mentor license. 2009/2010 and 2010/2011, will be a GR8 keepsake.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts