The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm new to pa laws and regulations. I bought my resident hunting license on the day they became available. I purchased it at Walmart, and the guy asked me if I would be participating in archery season. I said "No, just muzzleloader and regular rifle seasons."

I was issued my license and I left. Now, I am looking over it and I don't see any designation for muzzleloader season. How do I tell, and can i just go purchase the add-on if the clerk neglected to do it? I don't remember exactly what i paid because i bought a few other things at the same time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should have got a tag that said muzzleloader license on it. I think it is $16.90?
I didn't get mine yet.
Pa resident hunting license. A spring turkey tag and a fall turkey tag. And 1 antlered or flintlock tag. Ugh now I have to go back to that cesspool lol. They didn't even give me a copy of the hunters digest.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sorry, I guess I was giving them an increase.
I would buy it online unless I lived close.
I go to my local sporting goods store.
I don't like printing out the pheasant license.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The worst part is that I DID look at the license when it was handed to me and said, "I needed muzzleloader season too." And the clerk said, "there's a deer tag on it, the general hunting license is good all year, you don't need anything else" so I left.

One of my pet peeves is being fed misinformation by people who are supposed to know what they are talking about.

·
Super Moderator
13,644 Posts
Look your license over carefully. There is a portion that will include all associated PRIVILEGES that don't have a tag to go with them, such as Muzzleloader, archery, pheasant or migratory bird permit.

It isn't hard to miss seeing the privileges associated with the license if you aren't looking in the right place.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Look your license over carefully. There is a portion that will include all associated PRIVILEGES that don't have a tag to go with them, such as Muzzleloader, archery, pheasant or migratory bird permit.

It isn't hard to miss seeing the privileges associated with the license if you aren't looking in the right place.

Dick Bodenhorn
Nope. No muzzleloader designation there.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Nope. No muzzleloader designation there.
On your recite,, did they charge you for the muzzleloader license? If so take your license and sales recite back to Wally World and talk to a manager or somebody that looks knowledgeable to get it straightened out.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have no tolerance for the idiots that work at Walmart, Dicks etc. When I was 16 I worked my first job in the sporting goods department at Murphy's Mart. I endeavored to learn everything I could about everything we sold. Guns, ammo, license, fishing, Bowling, Golf etc.

I was in Dicks once looking for #11 percussion caps. The clerk told me they don't carry them because they are NOT Legal to use in PA. That was after they opened the fall ML season and that was the last time I spent my hard earned dollars in Dicks !

·
Registered
467 Posts
I guarantee the moron at walmart doesn't even know that there's a muzzleloader license ... he just sees the word flintlock and assumes its all good. They're really clueless.

Just go on-line and do it with your CID number. Much easier. I think that's one you can just print out yourself.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I guarantee the moron at walmart doesn't even know that there's a muzzleloader license ... he just sees the word flintlock and assumes its all good. They're really clueless.

Just go on-line and do it with your CID number. Much easier. I think that's one you can just print out yourself.
It is. If you have a printer 😂😂😂

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Skip Walmart. There must be a licensing agent near you, where ever that is. State licensing agents:

If you didn't get the muzzle loader tag then you didn't pay for it. The license machine tells them how much to charge for your licenses before they print them out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts