The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips on how to secure my 25 gallon sprayer to the bed of a polaris ranger? I used to be able to strap it to the back of the 4 wheeler, but it slides around the bed of the ranger. There are tie downs are on the sides, but they are up too high to hold it, and is slides around in the plastic bed, plus i need to have the tailgate open for the boom.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Can you make a low wall wood box that you can anchor in the bed for the tank to sit in? Have the walls notched out wher uyou need the boom or other points to stick out.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what i was thinking, but was hesitant to drill holes in the bed floor to secure the wood box to the bed. just curious what others have done

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
that's what i was thinking, but was hesitant to drill holes in the bed floor to secure the wood box to the bed. just curious what others have done
As long as you don't drill into brake lines or wires under the bed you should be ok. Maybe bolt to the sides of the bed with wingnuts if you don't want to leave the box in the bed . Pain to put the box on and off if bolted to the bed.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I have a 15 gallon sprayer and I used 3 pieces of 4 x4 to sit the sprayer on top of it and then used a rachet strap to latch onto the back strap holder and over the top of the sprayer and connected to the hitch. The sprayer sits above the tailgate. The 4 x 4 are not secured, the weight of the sprayer and the strap holds everything in place.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply's.
I've wound up cutting a piece of plywood to fit the bed, that will not slide out. and strap it to the plywood.
Wanted to keep the sprayer as low as possible to eliminate as much spray drift as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts