The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently got invited by dmccoy1 to gun MD with him. went down and he treated me far better than anyone could expect. took me under his wing and introduced me to some of the nicest guys I have met yet. everyone worked hard to accommodate our hunts. can't say enough to dmccoy1 for this experience. with having kids and all the lifes work at home it is hard to get out and hunt locally none the less out of state.

we all need to learn from gentleman like him and give someone an opportunity of the lifetime. I will pass this experience on as he would not except much from me but asked me pay it forward, talk about choked up when I left with those words!!

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Never had the chance to hunt with Don "yet". I have to make it happen one of these years! He's one of the GOOD GUYS. Wish I could have made it down Saturday for the diver hunt but work always seems to get in the way. Thank you for thinking of me!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Great post, if more people would understand that we would not only be a better community of waterfowlers, but a better country as well.

·
20,126 Posts
Agreed. I've never met him personally but Don's been super helpful to me over the years even though I know he didn't have to be. First rate dude in my book. I'm not surprised about anything in the original post.

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
While I agree with dmccoy being a good guy, you're gonna give him a swelled head with all this praise.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pigger, I wish you were there man. never had such good shootin and fun before. ended up with lots of divers and made a new friendship with another guy who joined our party.

as for swelling don's head,lol..... not sure that's possible. only head bigger is maybe pigger's, oh wait, you meant that metaphorically and not literal and physical,LOL

great dude for sure, but pigger you gotta be his twin, he busted my chops identical to you.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Good stuff!

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Well, I ran out of whiskey and food, so I had to come home from my 12 day trip. I won't have time quite yet to post any pics or anything, I need to catch up at work.
Thanks for all the kind words, but not really needed, I had just as much fun as everyone else that attended.
Basically I hunted everyday in MD from the 12th to the 23rd. Ran the gammut of all different weather, birds cooperated well, and went on one of the most amazing teal hunts I have ever been on. Didn't get skunked one day, but also saw some amazing sunrises, rainbows, ate a TON of seafood, and made great memories with 3 different groups of guys who joined me at various times during the weeks.

I will try and make a post over the weekend.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
I hear the diver hunt that I was invited on was phenominal! Wish I could have made it. Sounds like I missed a great time! Maybe next year?

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Yes it was Chris, ducks were non stop all day. They flew like crazy, they must have known the cold was coming. As for next year, the hunt you were invited on was a fill in day, not one of my normal days each year, but I am reworking a couple things with my Md. finances, and may have some more open days to invite more guys for a few different days next year. You will be invited if I can work it out right, plus I'll give you more than a days notice. It's always fun, birds or not, a good bag is just a bonus.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Quick preview of the day you were supposed to be there.
Here a just some of the divers/sea ducks we shot that day, they guide had some in the boat still as well, mostly bluebills and a squal

Then there were still a few teal around on the farm, same place I shot them on Wed., we didn't get in on that action, but they were the nicest teal I had ever seen, even better than we shot on Wed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts