The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone recomend a cheap way to make a good backstop for 150lb crossbow that the arrows wouldnt go straight thru?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
anything that will stop a compound will stop a crossbow. if you are lookin to save money to do it, use a stack(about 2 feet) of newspapers bundled together very tightly(can wrap with duct tape), and put them in a box and then wrap box with duct tape to keep box together. P.S. dont let it get too wet, so that it falls apart. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
anything that will stop a compound will stop a crossbow.
Not necessarily true. I use block targets for my indoor range when shooting a compound. My crossbow blows right through them. Bag type targets seem to work best for me when stopping crossbow bolts.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
For broadheads,all I can say is avoid the glendel buck target,which is for broadheads or field tips,I'm using a compound bow ,but either way it was complete junk for $200.00.those broadheads ripped her apart real quick.the cheap walmart deer target has held up to hundreds of briadhead shots.the cabelas bag target,I forget the actual name,but it's a real big white one,has held up to thousands of shots from my compound and my buddies crossbow.avoid the yellow jacket bag target

·
Registered
653 Posts
What ever you do, don't shoot your crossbow into a 3D target... I did that.. lets just say the deer had to go into "surgery" with an exacto knife to get the bolt out, and i was using field points

1 - 14 of 14 Posts