The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got all types of traps / poisons set in the barn, but still have issues with mice nests in my equipment at camp. Seems they love air cleaners, and tight spaces.
Any one have any recommendations that work?

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
What I normally do is for the air cleaner I put a thin piece of wire mesh metal over the intake tube and wire tie it on. That always keeps the vermin out.

·
Registered
669 Posts
we use moth balls that come in small mesh bags. Usually 2-3 of them come in a box. I put one under the hood of the mower and on the engine of the 4wheeler. I despise the smell, but seems to do the job.

·
Super Moderator
6,065 Posts
I have stored 2 Chevelles each winter for many years. I mix some peppermint oil with sawdust, place in empty butter tubs, and put several in each car. I put some dryer sheets in each car also. I haven’t had any problems, knock on wood.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Take a 5 gallon bucket and put some seed, crumbs, peanut butter, whatever, in the bottom. Set it right next to something they go on like the atv or put a stick or small board across the top of the bucket. They go down and don't come back up. Some people put the bait on a string hanging below the stick and put a few inches of water in the bottom, obviously with below freezing this is not helpful. Below is from an out building where I keep my tractor and other equipment. I just put the bucket against the back end of my equipment trailer. Even when the bait is eaten others follow the first in.

Attachments

Reactions: cooncrazy

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I do a bucket trap in my shed where I keep my ATV. I made the one with the revolving can covered with peanut butter. Instead of water I put a few inches of used motor oil. It keeps them in check

1 - 14 of 14 Posts