The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pedistal mount that broke. Its a moose antler kit holding it. it was held on by 4 screws and the screws snapped and i found it one day laying down. I have since tried to rescrew it in and it would droop and screws come out again. It seems the driftwood wont holf it. There was a wooden dowl in it and its now split and it wont hold the screws, any advice?

Here is a pic of the mount before it broke

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same base and set up almost exactly the same thing. Mine is set in a 1inch by 1 inch holow square tube running through the drift wood down through the base into the bottom of the cabine. The elk has a solid steel square 3/4inch rod running down through its brisquit and it sets down into the 1inch hollow steel rod. securely. no movement at all.

·
Registered
293 Posts
hunterray2002 said:
Mine is set in a 1inch by 1 inch holow square tube running through the drift wood down through the base into the bottom of the cabine. The elk has a solid steel square 3/4inch rod running down through its brisquit and it sets down into the 1inch hollow steel rod. securely.

this is how mike attaches his pedistals. removable for transporting but secure while diplaying

1 - 5 of 5 Posts