The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase some Lumenoks for my bolts but I don't know the inside diameter for proper knock size selection.
I think if I take a dial caliper and subtract the thickness from the width of the shaft, I should be correct. Does that sound about right?

These are Gander mountain Victory 20" Techunter bolts. I can't find the ID listed anywhere.
Lumenok website only lists the Victory Xbolt on their search function.

I have used Fireknocks and they worked well but they are too expensive.
I can cross Tenpoint's brand off my list as they sucked. Always turning on at will when walking.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
OD - (2 times shaft thickness) = ID
Calipers usually have ID points, can you just directly go inside the shaft?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OD - (2 times shaft thickness) = ID
Calipers usually have ID points, can you just directly go inside the shaft?
You are correct, 2 X the thickness. Nice catch.
I'm no tool and die guy, but you may be right about the id points...I couldn't get them to fit inside the shaft...course maybe I don't know how to use the tool properly.

I will reexamine that.
Thanks Tundra

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Put the caliper tips in, lightly roll around a little to get maximum measurement while putting just a little pressure on the thumbwheel. Make sure the bolt end is round and there is no internal edge from cutting.

calipers id.jpg

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Victory Techunter Crossbow Bolt Made 6 pack
Grain Weight 325. Shaft ID.300" Shaft OD .344". Carbon bolt comes with omni Nocks and Half moon nocks. Add Points
Victory Techunter Crossbow Bolt Made 6 pack

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Check out Lumenok GTF Flat HD Orange Lighted Xbox Nock.
They fit .300 ID. I use them on my Victory Xbolts.
$29.99 per 3 pack.
You can purchase direct from Lumenok

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
Yeah. Victory crossbow arrows are .300 ID. Nock Out makes a nice lighted nock as well that has inserts to fit various shaft diameters.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine were indeed .300 ID.
I contacted lumenok to confirm and placed an order for the GTC crescent knocks (not a fan of flat knocks).
Just glad to be done with Omni knocks. They were horrible.

My only concern was Orange or green. I like green but went with orange anyway. Just thought it would be brighter is all. What's with the pink...is that a girly thing? LOL

Thanks again all.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welp, I received the Lumenoks and they are indeed bright.
Old knock removal with a 1/8" steel rod tapped through the insert was easy peasy. The installation of the Lumenoks went well also, but man are they tight to the shaft. It seems one must use a pair of pliers to turn them off each time. I shaved one down a bit, but that was unnecessary as the end of the knock itself doesn't have the tab running the full length.

I am happy just the same as I know they will not be turning on at random or fall out while walking like those junk Tenpoint lighted knocks I paid a dear price for last year.

I can safely recommend them at this point, but the season is yet to come.
Good luck all!

·
Registered
18,625 Posts
Brightest nock out there for sure. Good luck this fall.

·
Registered
233 Posts
your bolts are made by Victory, they are .300 inside diameter

I use the same just rebranded for Dicks Sporting Goods, Victory Decimators.....I replaced the nocks with lighted ones from AfterBurners, no issus.....Got them off Ebay from seller named ARCHERYMALL, paid less then $20 for three...free shipping

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TBrom, I sent u a test message. Not sure if it ever got to you however.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts