The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll be buying a camper this week and putting it on a permanent site in August. It’s not the dream camp that I always wanted in Potter County, but for the stage of my life right now, and with 3 young kids it’s actually quite perfect for the “NOW”. I’ll also be inheriting a Pontoon with a slip on a lake as well.

So my question to all of you camp owners is how did you come up with your camp name? I have a few things in mind for my camp name but it’s a tough thing to decide.

I was thinking these as possibilities:

The Fins, Feathers, and Fur Camp
(But it’s not very original)

Camp Brookie

Grey Squirrel

Brookie Buck

Blue Lines and High Tines

If you want to throw a suggestion the camp will mainly be used for deer hunting, turkey hunting, and fishing for native brookies.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I never really understood the name my dad gave his place up the mountains.
As kids I guess we didn't really care and as adults we just assumed he liked it so why ask....
Camp names are like names people put on their boats.
Some are very obvious to their meaning while others have a cryptic meaning to them.
Good luck and enjoy....

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Give it time , one will come up. Might be from something someone said, or something that happened. My camp's name is Rocky Ridge, the ridge behind camp is very rocky. Friends is Bear Clawed because there were claw marks on the siding when purchased, just to give you a couple of examples.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
You said you are inheriting a boat. Maybe work their name or passion into the name of the camp. Save the good name for your permanent camp.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I agree play around with the names for a little and one day one will just hit you. That is how our came about. Our's is Coyote's Roost. My father's nickname is Coyote Kid and my brother and I wanted to honor him by putting his name on the camp, so even after he is gone we can have his name as part of the camp.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
IS there anything special about the land you camp will be on. Extra special scenery, a very old and distinct tree etc. For example camp twin pine if there is a double trunked pine tree. Something that is distinctive to the land.

Reactions: bohunr

·
Premium Member
24,312 Posts
My camp's land has white pines & a small spring run. Named camp... Pine Run.

·
Registered
9,552 Posts
Can’t help much with a name but congrats on the camp. We just got one in Sinnamahoning back in April. Nothing like the north central part of the state.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Congrats on the acquisition. Camp names are very personal. It will come, don't rush it. Took 20 yrs to name the Trapper's Lair.

May the camp bring your family joy.

Reactions: steelhead125

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Many years ago I was in a camp near Carter Camp in Potter. We did not have an established name until one very cold gun season.A member was out hunting with a big puffy snowmobile suit and he had to do a #2.He dropped that suit and the hood part laid wide open in the snow. You can only guess what that looked like as we had a ceremony when it was burned. We had a camp name...Camp Hotseat !

·
6,450 Posts
Buckethead please chime in.....seriously when dad and I were going up to look at our camp in 1987 before we bought it a balck bear crossed in front of us about a mile before the camp.....he bought it and we named it camp black bear....kind of fit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts