The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start crossbow hunting. What would you say is the minimum amount needed to be spent to get a good crossbow that will last a long time? Not trying to be cheap but not trying to spend $1000 either. What brands do you like?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Look at wicked ridge line or excalibur packages. Both solid bow lines that packages come in at under 600 bucks? Can't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Wicked Ridge for bottom end. Horton, Mission, Excalibur, Darton for mid range. Tenpoint for upper end.

·
Banned
813 Posts
I fell in love with my Paker Cyclone at Cabelas one rainy day but it was $1, 000!!
Which I would never pay for any bow let alone a crossbow. But the following summer I saw it at Sportsmans liquidators Oulet here in York for $500.00 and bought it. I would probably spend up to $650.00 for my next one.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
yes look at excaliburs, I paid 700 bucks in 08 delivered to my door for there exocet 200 vari-zone package and could not be happier with my decision to get it.... "recurve simply perfect" !!....if I need to change my string in the field in middle if hunting I can and keep hunting, Xbow with training wheels you can't

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I had planned on a Wicked Ridge but ended up with a Ten Point Titan. I needed one with the Accu-Draw because of shoulder surgery. It was $799, $800 something with extra bolts.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I bought A brand new Parker Buckmaster from someone off this site for about $400. So far, two shots and two confirmed deer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would go test shoot some first to see what you like. Then look for 2015 models on cheap on whatever bow you like. You stick to the biger nane companies you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Adamm88 said:
You stick to the biger nane companies you can go wrong.
how is that you can go wrong with bigger name brand ??....

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
mus42tang said:
Is it just me. But didn't crossbow prices go up a lot when crossbow hunting got approved in PA.
I can still get the package I bought back in 08 for less then 100 bucks more today....

·
Super Moderator
4,786 Posts
I think they did.You could buy 2 inexpensive rifles for the price of a crossbow or compound bow now.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Bigbrownie said:
My Mission Dagger was out the door at 900. Kit included soft case, arrows, scope.
I'm shooting a Mission MXB-360 and am very impressed with the quality. On the less expensive end of the Mission line would be the MXB-Sniper Lite and for a bit more, the MXB-Dagger. They are well worth a look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts