The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
too much.... unless you got a sled its going to be tough getting back into the woods on the roads till they get them cleaned up. Most places up here got 12 to 16 inches.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
brittanyman said:
too much.... unless you got a sled its going to be tough getting back into the woods on the roads till they get them cleaned up. Most places up here got 12 to 16 inches.
Pappy, I just came home from Kane. I'd bet they got an additional 4" today. 66 was in good shape. Parts of Rt 6 were a mess.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Eddie spag,
Thanks for the info about Rt 6 may put off going home
to the mountain for a couple days, and let them get things cleaned up a might, my security systems shows about 18" around my log cabin, back in the Tioga forest.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
Pappy,

About 15-18 inches total. Sackett/Pig's Ear/Durhing are all plowed and cindered for the Marcellas Shale traffic and are very passable. I just got home from there tonight. We went up Christmas night.

·
Registered
303 Posts
log into weatherstreet.com Near the top and on the right of the home page put your cursor on SEVERE WEATHER when it drops down click on SNOW DEPTH AND ACCUM A map of the United States pops up. Click on PA and a map of the state will appear with the snow depths in differant shades of color. Its updated hourly and is extremely accurate. I use it all the time when planning a hunt in the late season.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Penndraght,
Hay thanks a lot for the weather sight and how to use it.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Buckethead saw by your post you were at camp. I will bet it sure looked pretty up there. Did you have any trouble getting out of your driveway? Headed up in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
No trouble at all. I have a plow on my Kawasaki Mule so I had my driveway, friends driveways, and the whole lane plowed out in short order

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Buckethead said:
No trouble at all. I have a plow on my Kawasaki Mule so I had my driveway, friends driveways, and the whole lane plowed out in short order
I wish I would have saw you, our driveway was tough up there last week!! I am pretty sure I walked past your camp, saw a mule sitting outside.

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
Probably not my camp. I'm down by the creek at the bottom of Fern Lane but I do alot of visiting. Green Mule with a steel plow?

·
Super Moderator
23,761 Posts
His camp has a sign that says.......

·
Super Moderator
23,761 Posts
The classics never go out of style...

·
Registered
19,942 Posts
I have another sign that says "No Shirt, No Tag, NO SERVICE!"