The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just refletched my easton axis arrows and did some plain white and tiger yellow wraps with some tiger 2" blazer vanes. My arrows currently had blazers on them. I went to the pro shop yesterday and found at 20 yds my arrows were all consistent but 2 inches left and 2 inches low from where they had been. Do you guys think those wraps would make that much difference? I moved my sight with micro adjust 2 clicks left and 2 clicks down and was back in the bullseye. Also how much offset do you guys prefer? My arrows were done at the pro shop before and the vanes were straight. I did them with a slight offset (not quite 2 degree) and they seem to do fine. So guy at the shop said I should have done more. Does anyone have any experience with this with blazers? I would appreciate any input. I dont think i should redo them like he said.

·
Registered
850 Posts
i put as much offset as it takes to stabilize the broadheads i am using.the more offset the quicker the arrow slows down.with two inch vanes you cannot put much offset on them,they will be off the arrow.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I usually use between 1 and 2 degree, and with blazers, that is close to the max

1 - 5 of 5 Posts