The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does everyone list every product they used to shoot their deer? I don't even like the ford signs on my truck and I turn the whitewalls in on my tires. There are a few publically traded outdoor and gun companies but I don't see them mentioned much. Please let me in if I am missing out on advertising money that I was not aware of.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I always assumed it was just real field testing with results.
If you were ever interested in a rage broadhead- you can see what the results are.
You can also get a feel for trends...
Also- isn't it nice to document your kill for when many years pass you can remember what you harvested your large game animal with?

·
Registered
10,199 Posts
Gurf said:
Why does everyone list every product they used to shoot their deer? I don't even like the ford signs on my truck and I turn the whitewalls in on my tires. There are a few publically traded outdoor and gun companies but I don't see them mentioned much. Please let me in if I am missing out on advertising money that I was not aware of.
It gets worse than that! How about buying a $2 t-shirt for $27 then advertising the companies name that ripped you off in the first place in big letters on said shirt.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Gurf said:

Ohkayyyyy.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yea, I thought everyone got paid.

I would like to the thank Fred Bear bows, easton arrows, rocket broadheads, knight and Hale calles and Wildlife research scents for making this post possible.

Wow that's another $250.00 for the wallet

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Haha!
I have been thinking that they didn't take any bailout money tho...
I turn my white walls in also- mainly because whitewalls are old school and I don't like the look and also- if you do any serious offroading- they get chewed up and look bad.
I don't put stickers on any of my cars but I do wear a mathews ballcap...and a ruger T shirt.
I don't care about brand as long as it works and hopefully employs us workers.

loridr said:
Gurf said:
I don't even like the ford signs on my truck and I turn the whitewalls in on my tires.
I agree with Gurf. If I drove a Ford, I'd remove the badging as well.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I just got my check from Cabela's. See....if you do it right, the big "C" will do it all for ya, and you will get one big check. So...me and the Mr's. are off to Hawaii right after deer season!!! Gotta spend mine before the IRS comes snoopin around!!!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
You go to Hawaii with your buddies? What do you hunt there?
DaveT said:
I just got my check from Cabela's. See....if you do it right, the big "C" will do it all for ya, and you will get one big check. So...me and the Mr's. are off to Hawaii right after deer season!!! Gotta spend mine before the IRS comes snoopin around!!!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Why does it all boil down to money. I like my Matthews and have reccomended them to friends. Should I get paid to help some one find good equipment? I think knowing what works and is popular can be an aid to the hunter giving them somewhere to start.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I hunt w\ Mathews bows also- and think they are good and reliable. I also believe in sharing this info. It isn't about the money and they aren't that expensive- you get what you pay for.
Buckdemiser said:
Why does it all boil down to money. I like my Matthews and have reccomended them to friends. Should I get paid to help some one find good equipment? I think knowing what works and is popular can be an aid to the hunter giving them somewhere to start.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm with Gurf on this one. While it could be taken as a field test info on products, it is probably more likely because its what they("professional" hunters) do on tv.

·
Registered
208 Posts
IMO, I think it's overkill. Too many people watching hunting shows. Must think it's mandatory to display brand names after you harvest a deer.

·
Registered
957 Posts
well i do get free stuff, and showing brands and equipment off can be fun.... but when you work to kill something and show off a product for a company you actually like to get the hero shot with the critter because it all pays off. lol

·
Registered
10,309 Posts
I'm bringing in over $28.48 million/yr in my endorsements here on HPA.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts