The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just aquired some beaver traps and i was thinking about setting them. i was wondering if anybody would tell me what a beaver pelt is bring these days. if anybody could tell me it would be pretty helpful. thanks!!!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Lackawanna Fox said:
about 25 30 if its put up very good
I would think these prices are for your blanket beaver with no markings and really good hair. Good luck catching a few that meet these qualities...

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
<span style="font-weight: bold">Wow, you eastern guys sure aren't getting anywhere what we're getting over here in the Northwest corner. Jan 9th- 48 lb. $ 45.00 <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT put up.</span> Cutt </span>

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
CuttnRun said:
Wow, you eastern guys sure aren't getting anywhere what we're getting over here in the Northwest corner. Jan 9th- 48 lb. $ 45.00 NOT put up. Cutt
I feel sorry for that buyer, he'll take a major hit because the FHA auction a couple of weeks ago only paid out and average of $25.00 to $30.00. Plus, the amount of work to put up beaver and he's paying $45.00 for beaver in the round? Tell us who it is so everybody can sell to him before he goes out of business.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
trapperrick said:
CuttnRun said:
Wow, you eastern guys sure aren't getting anywhere what we're getting over here in the Northwest corner. Jan 9th- 48 lb. $ 45.00 NOT put up. Cutt
I feel sorry for that buyer, he'll take a major hit because the FHA auction a couple of weeks ago only paid out and average of $25.00 to $30.00. Plus, the amount of work to put up beaver and he's paying $45.00 for beaver in the round? Tell us who it is so everybody can sell to him before he goes out of business.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The buyer around here told us 30 dollars put up 65+ inches, and 4 dollars less for every 5 inches below

Ex.
60-64" 26$
55-59" 22$
Etc.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
As long as it's not before the end of the season.
Kidding, he's a good guy. His name is Jim Stafford,(Stafford Fur Post) Hartstown, Pa. I spoke with his wife last week, he had gone to a sale so I would imagine that those prices are now nonexistent . Cutt

·
Registered
161 Posts
Actually beaver averaged around $34 at FHA for Easterns.
If that's the AVERAGE, a blanket should bring in the $45-$50 range and still make money for the fur buyer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts