The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one inline the rest are flinters my powder of choice is Goex 3F in my flinters,I also have used in my inline thunderhawk with outstanding result.I can drive a 300 + grain bullet/sabot with 115 grains of powder and the recoil is no problem.I use triple 777 in the inline but find 85 grain for me is max: powder is super fast and recoil feels like a 12 ga.
I see these new powders are running far into the $30.00 mark I wonder is it really worth it.I was lucky to pick up a pound of triple at walmart about 4 years back on closeout for $9.00 powder is still good but I feel I will go back to real BP when the bottle runs out.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I have better luck with goex 2f than the more expensive powders. You have to run a swab more often but it is worth it

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I order from graf @ sons split a few cans with other shooters maybe after all said and done with hazmat and shipping $14.00 a pound I most of the time take 4 lbs for myself

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I shoot Pyrodex out of everything. It is around $22 a pound and goex is $20 so for that little bit I'll stick with Pyrodex.

·
Premium Member
23,851 Posts
I like feedin my smokers only the best!! Gets a lil salty but pays in the long run...least thats whut i tell myself!!!

- Swiss 2fg for my 54 Cal PA Mountain Rifle
- 777 Magnum Pills in TC Pro Hunter
- Swiss 3fg in White Super 91 .504 Inline

·
Banned
900 Posts
100gr loose 2f 777 in the inline
90gr 2f 777 with 5gr 3f Goex in front in the flinter

1 - 11 of 11 Posts