The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many points do you all have coming in to this years draw, and do you apply for any tag or bull only? I have 13 points and apply for bull only.

·
Super Moderator
8,075 Posts
I have 6....I stopped applying for a few years and then started again.

I don't put any preference in. I don't know if that's a good idea or not, but that's what I do, lol.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
12 pts,either sex,any unit. Always figured I would have a better chance if I wasn't too choosy on sex and unit. Been donating since the start,but I don't know why I only have 12,and not 13. I don't remember ever missing a year.

Bob

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
13 and bull only. I also agree that #of points means nothing. And Chester County is -0- fer bull draw forever. I also think their s/b a 10% non resident draw here. Like Maine moose, they literally shut NR out with a 10% non resident draw. Western states too, limited NR draw. S/B same here.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I also have 13, either sex - no preference.. This is a fake draw system, it does not reward continued interest, it has nothing to do with with what we think most are applying for. A real lottery rewards those that apply the longest FIRST, that way you know sooner or later your in. Some goat, sheep, trophy elk take 10-20-30-40 years but if you live long enough someday you'll be successful, with this system a first timer can win, why should anyone be loyal to it, it would be nice if they had some percent to be given to those that apply the longest.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I've got 13 and apply any sex. Stoolshooter, the preference is were you want to hunt and what sex, Not an additional point.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts