The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
might be dumb but just wondering how many guys own a 300 rum? also what game have you shot with it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I DO! Love it, Remington XCR, killed a big Alaskan bear with it...gonna take it for Moose this fall...

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
I can't think of a more perfect moose round than either a .300 RUM or a .300 Weatherby mag. I've never owned or fired either.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo mike i'm trying to convert you, you can take the 300rum to aferica with you leave that 500 nitro home...later

·
Registered
378 Posts
I got one as well and handload for it. My remington will shoot reduced loads ( same recoil as 30-06) inside 1/2 inch at 100 yards. Full power shoots extremely well also and is
alot of gun for deer. The power of the 300 RUM ( full power load) has more energy and speed than 300 weatherby or 300 win mag. Great caliber! ....but hang onto your hat when you shoot it. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yo i clear out the rifle range with mine it is mag-na-ported. guys build walls with hard case gun cases. it's always what the heck is that guy shooting. i laugh. the side blast is wicked hard core. ha,ha..

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
b&ghuntre said:
yo i clear out the rifle range with mine it is mag-na-ported. guys build walls with hard case gun cases. it's always what the heck is that guy shooting. i laugh. the side blast is wicked hard core. ha,ha..

I thought you were from PA?
All my Vermont buddies say "wicked hard core".

·
Registered
606 Posts
I have a Remington model 700 XCR in 300 RUM that I'm getting rid of and getting a Remington model 700 XCR II in 300 WSM. The game that I got with it was whitetail deer and antelope

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
b&ghuntre said:
yo mike i'm trying to convert you, you can take the 300rum to aferica with you leave that 500 nitro home...later

Buy me one. You'll convert me instantly.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
their's one smitty's selling. can't believe it but there it is. smitty why not just get level I orII and you golden

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
b&ghuntre said:
their's one smitty's selling. can't believe it but there it is. smitty why not just get level I orII and you golden

Then buy me Smitty's.

I'll put you on a big moose when you get drawn in return. Just think of the guide fees you'll save.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a Remington SPS in 300 RUM and have harvested a Couses deer and a bull elk with it. I handload Hornady 180 grain SST's. It preformed very well on that elk at 250 yds.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I’ve had one about 10 years. These were taken with either 168 Ballistic Silvertips or some flavor of 168 Barnes X. Closest was javelina about 20 yds, farthest was the antelope running over 424 yards (the last yardage called out by my partner with a rangefinder), caribou was at 410, the 2 whitetails 366 and 347. Also taken 2 smaller buck and maybe 6 doe.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
tundragriz, do you have any brothers or step brothers? If not, I'm volunteering my services. Man some of those hunts you've been on I can only dream about or read about. WOW!

Pretty cool and nice photos thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Mine is one of my favorite guns to shoot, getting good results with 180AB and Retumbo. I've taken 2 buck in Michigan with it and my bear here this year.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts