The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great gobbler pitch out into the snow yesterday with a buddy. Later had a flock feed through the valley. How much longer until the spring opener???? Too long......

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
frank1969 said:
beards will b much shorter this spring with all the snow
Doubt this. Gonna take A LOT more snow and much colder temps to start snapping beards off. Took a gobbler 3 years ago that had obviously lost a couple inches of his beard which was 9 1/2 inches as it was. it was also tri-colored. The winter the year before was much more sever than the last 3, including this year so far.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
My oldest son saw 17 long beards in a corn field this AM.Can't get here soon enough for me.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I've already seen gobblers with ice chunks stuck to the ends of their beards. After today we have about 15 inches on the ground and if that stays for an extended period, I agree we will see shorter beards this Spring....at least in this neck of the woods.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah - we had a little.

·
Premium Member
24,224 Posts
Spring turkey hunting is far from my mind right now

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Only about 93 days til the kids and I can get after these Kentucky birds. Hard to see with this cheap cam's pic quality, but the one furthest from the cam has a double beard.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
NG, I would be glad to re-arrange my vacation plans if you need some help with those KY gobblers! Good luck with them!
Bob

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
LoL Bob, my kids have called dibs on em, so I'll have to wait and see how they do first.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts