The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great gobbler pitch out into the snow yesterday with a buddy. Later had a flock feed through the valley. How much longer until the spring opener???? Too long......

· Registered
3,280 Posts
frank1969 said:
beards will b much shorter this spring with all the snow
Doubt this. Gonna take A LOT more snow and much colder temps to start snapping beards off. Took a gobbler 3 years ago that had obviously lost a couple inches of his beard which was 9 1/2 inches as it was. it was also tri-colored. The winter the year before was much more sever than the last 3, including this year so far.

· Registered
1,129 Posts
I've already seen gobblers with ice chunks stuck to the ends of their beards. After today we have about 15 inches on the ground and if that stays for an extended period, I agree we will see shorter beards this Spring....at least in this neck of the woods.

· Registered
1,133 Posts
Only about 93 days til the kids and I can get after these Kentucky birds. Hard to see with this cheap cam's pic quality, but the one furthest from the cam has a double beard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.