The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious how many morels you have been finding. My morel season isn't going so well. I was out on april 25th and today looking for morels. I am starting to wonder whether I missed the morels. Last year I piked most of my morels around may 1st and 2nd. It's already the 4th and I haven't found one yet. I have noticed that the vegetation seems to be behind by a few weeks as last year I had to sort through vegetation to find the morels. This year I can see all the way to the ground. Also the area that I found the mushrooms in was flooded very recently and the logs that I find the mushrooms near were washed away.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It has been raining here for the last 12 hours so maybe the rain will bring some up.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Going good in my area. We are about a week and a half behind last year though, so maybe your area will produce yet!

·
Registered
948 Posts
I picked about 350 so far in the last couple weeks. Found 112 tonight

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am up in the extreme north east end of the state so I may be a few days later than everyone else.

Could you post up your lcoation to so that I know exactly where your at. Usuallly the first good rain in turkey season brings them out for me but so far nothing this year.

·
Registered
274 Posts
been doing real good here in southwest pa for a couple weeks now. even found some oysters as a bonus. heading to Erie this weekend and i'm hoping to find some there also as we did last year at this time.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I have found a total of 8 morels this year on my property in Adams Co. My neighbor found 16 POUNDS last week. My problem is... inconsiderate people who continue to come onto my CLEARLY POSTED property while I'm not there and STEAL MY MORELS and leave empty beer cans. My neighbor has caught them IN MY YARD more than once this year and told them to leave. If I catch them I'm calling the state police and filing defiant trespass charges.

If you can't tell, I'm a little PO'd at the moment. I had 1 morel meal last year and ZERO this year.

·
Banned
1,246 Posts
bownut said:
I have found a total of 8 morels this year on my property in Adams Co. My neighbor found 16 POUNDS last week. My problem is... inconsiderate people who continue to come onto my CLEARLY POSTED property while I'm not there and STEAL MY MORELS and leave empty beer cans. My neighbor has caught them IN MY YARD more than once this year and told them to leave. If I catch them I'm calling the state police and filing defiant trespass charges.

If you can't tell, I'm a little PO'd at the moment. I had 1 morel meal last year and ZERO this year.

Maybe they would understand a sign like this one..

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Finally got morel learned by a guy this past Tues while chasing birds, and have found about a dozen since. this guy was very informative and was probably so, being he knew my pap and dad well.

Found a huge one today. Looking good for the years to come. Have been looking for about 4 years with no luck but that's all changed

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Ripnmax said:
bownut said:

Maybe they would understand a sign like this one..

They are already up, not quite as bold as that one but they are there!

More mud tracks on the road revealed that they were there again yesterday! Still no morels for me!

·
Registered
283 Posts
257 as of last night. Doing well this year!

·
20,127 Posts
Wouldn't think it would be too hard to catch them being how quick the Morel season is. I'd take a week off next year to hunt turkeys on your land. Hide you vehicle someplace else and just lie in the wait and be there when they come. They sound consistant. That or else make you property look occupied somehow.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
0!! I only look when i'm turkey hunting but i walk every creek bottom I can. I'm really good at finding pine cones and other types of mushrooms but no morels

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have found about 250 in Mifflin Co. Just started finding big white ones in the last few days. Hope there are more to come.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I had some Monday night for dinner, I was turkey hunting and a friend brough a huge bag full of yellow morels to the guy I was staying with they were some on the biggest I have ever seen. A little garlic and butter and they were some good eating.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts