The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out last night to spray the grape vine again since last year there was a case of black rot. Last night was the 4th or 5th time of spraying down the vine and so far I am really pleased with how the vines look. The grape vine measures 6'x 8' and I am hoping to get close to 100lbs of grapes this year to make wine and some jelly.
One thing I did notice while spraying the vine is the Japanese beetles are starting to make the vine their home, so here is my question. If I put my bug bag close to the grape vine, do you think more beetles would go to the grape vine before the bug bag?.......

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
I think you'd get more beetles to the bag from the vine than you would from anywhere else to the vine. I believe those bags have some kind of phermone attractant and the beetles cant resist the chance to reproduce. IMO.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Don't use those beetle attractors, spray with sevin and the beetles will drop off as you spray.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
if you want to go the organic route, get some bullseye bioinsectide from gardens alive. i use it for jap beetles on my berries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts