The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I am a happy civil servant--Yeah there is a bunch of Bull and politics BUT it is still the best game in town!!

Dave

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I love my job and wouldn't trade it for any other job out there. Money could be better, but who doesn't think that about their job. My boss takes great care of us and teh "perks" are great.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I love my job and more importantly am thankful to have one at all these days!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I'm only currently working til I win the powerball.actually,I'm a boilermaker,it's great money,but that's it.I hate it,long hours,dirty work,hot,but it's good money,plus I've gotten to see most if the country.I'm probably getting out of it soon,my house will be paid off in march,so I'll just go thru the motions til something else comes along.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I enjoy my job, but the hours for 15 weeks out of the year blow hard. Other than that I have excellent advancement opportunities within my current employer and the potential to do well if I ever decide to leave and cut out tax season.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I like the job and the people, but I hate to travel it takes me away from my 5 year old son and 9 month old daughter 5 days a week for most of the year.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
One of the lucky few who love my job. I never thought i'd ever be able to work in an office but I found out it sure beats working construction. I got lucky and fell into a awesome job that pays well, lot's of vay-k time, and plenty of room for advancement.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm a contractor, been my own boss for 7 years now. I love what I do, but the current housing market has not been to kind to us. I did get alot of hunting in this year though.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
I am Laid Off with no re-call, I am done there. It was a very good job pay and benefits wise, I but I hated the job, my boss and most of the other employees. They were scum at it`s finest.

G

·
0 Posts
I hate my job. I've had nightmares about it. But it's all I can do for right now. I can't give up my medical insurance and it pays ok.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I quit,yep quit,retired that is.
I did like my job(building maintenance) and a lot of the guys I worked with. Traveled to a lot of the company's buildings in Western Pa. and West Va. Home every night,some overtime and a company van,lots of vaccation and sick leave. Only downside was when they reorganized the whole maintenance department. Everything went down hill. They put people in charge who didn't have a clue. I would have stayed a couple of more years,but the time was right. Now it's huntin' and fishin'.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I liked my old job very much until I retired. My new job is even better, my job now is to make me happy. It is a good job.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I had the same job for 22 years and got fed up with management changing the rule's when ever the wind would change! I just changed who I work for and still do the same type of work and very much enjoy my new management. 3 years down and only need 7 more to retire with paid health insurance with 30 + years in the State retirement system!!!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I like my job. The only thing I'd change is having a guaranteed retirement pension like those that work/worked for the government! That would be nice

·
Registered
236 Posts
Used to love the job...But greed has overcome management.....still like most of the people just can't stand management.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Don't get me wrong we all have issues with management,some more than others(Being President of my local gives me more dealings with management than others----mostly arguments). BUT........
the benifits outweigh the cons!!!
Where could I retire at age 50(after 20yrs servive)with a full state pension and health benifits for life for my wife,dependant children and myself and a 22% raise over 4 years??????
Yeah the politics gets tiresome BUT then I look at my pay stub every 2 weeks and consider myself lucky. Many folks are out of work living on a shoestring!!!
I consider myself blessed
JMHO
Dave

1 - 20 of 85 Posts