The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not saying I'm right, I was just thinking if they had pulled over in a designated parking area they would have been ok... I think because they saw the pheasant from the truck and pulled over along the road and got out and shot it. I definitely think that is considered using the vehicle to locate game. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I'm not saying I'm right, I was just thinking if they had pulled over in a designated parking area they would have been ok... I think because they saw the pheasant from the truck and pulled over along the road and got out and shot it. I definitely think that is considered using the vehicle to locate game. Just my opinion...
Ah, but is it?
So, if you're going to your hunting property (wherever that may be), you better hope you don't see the game in season right before you park? See what I mean, it's not against the law to see game from your vehicle and go hunt it.

·
Super Moderator
14,707 Posts
Ah, but is it?
So, if you're going to your hunting property (wherever that may be), you better hope you don't see the game in season right before you park? See what I mean, it's not against the law to see game from your vehicle and go hunt it.
That is where the law about being 25 yards off of a public road comes in. If you are driving from one hunting spot to another or to or from your home and a hunting spot and sight game you can only attempt to take that game bird or animal after you have walked twenty-five yards off of the road. That means walking OFF of the roadway not just walking twenty-five yards along the roadway before taking the shot though.

Conversely if you are walking along the roadway after hunting and trying to get back to your vehicle you are good to shoot from the road's berm.

Dick Bodenhorn

21 - 24 of 24 Posts