The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 year old lab that does not like to get into a dog blind / Mutt Hut. She is not fond of her kennel either and maybe a little spoiled. Any suggestions on how to get her more comfortable with getting her in???

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
put treats in it and make it a game for her. slowly extend how long she stays in it.

I use the kennel/crate command to get my dogs their blind. They were crate trained but only regularly use there crates in the truck.

·
Registered
475 Posts
not familiar with the mutt hutt, but you might be better off using a blind that is open on both ends. i didn't train my ist lab when she was a pup to use a blind. when she got older i bought a blind and she wouldn't go in it. i tried everything ,i ended up selling it and bought a camo jacket for her to lay beside my blind.

soon as i brought my new pup home i bought a blind and she is good to go. good luck

·
Registered
82 Posts
my dog likes both end open to. i just got lucky i set it up in the house for the fist time and said in girl here they come and she hid. we were good to go from that point on. Sometimes i will play with her and use the blind and tell her to hide it helps her think its a good place fun .Lots of praise and a little treat sometimes wont hurt. fifteen min a day end on a good task always keep it fun.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I pretty much crate trained my chocolate..when she was a pup and just tansfer it to a avery blind...she's pretty steady init..always loved the crate..now the blind..Honker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts