The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two pounds of goex,and was curious on where everyone stores them? Do I need a special box?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Same here Ammo can painted red,they are water proof and air tight if sealed up.

·
Registered
850 Posts
those 50 cal cans are great i got one for 50cal and one for 45 cal .got everything in there for a complete trip to the range or the hunt.there cheap and almost indestructable.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I store them in my guncabinet bottom shelf... it's always the same temp, and dry and cool.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I would not use those cans personally-------they act as shrapnel if expolsion occurs

·
Registered
12,199 Posts
Good question and I have been worrying about just this topic. I store mine in the original containers in an ammo can - in the house, and I constantly worry about what would happen if the house cought on fire. I guess I need to take it to the shed out back and keep the shed locked.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I currently have mine in there original cans,in garage behind closed cabinet. I am worrying in the warmer months,it gets a little hot in my garage,maybe I will sell it so I wont have to worry.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
jim stemler said:
if the house catches fire.by the time it takes to ignite thru the ammo cans the house is already lost.
Who gives a hoot about the house? Insurance will take care of it---WHAT ABOUT THE FIREMEN THERE PUTTING IT OUT?
The original cans if Im not mistaken are designed not to act as shrapnel but unravel. Placing it in the ammo boxes ---you now have basically a grenade. Greybear and I leave them in the original containers and inside the cardboard boxes. I think he then uses beeswax possibly to waterproof the box ... Maybe he will chime in. I keep thinking about using the government approved storage box sold by Cabelas for $300 It holds 50 pounds with two locks on the top. If it explodes it would simply shoot the top off IMHO

·
Registered
185 Posts
I save the absorbtion packets that come with shoes and other products, place them in a large food saver bag with the powder canister and seal the bag with my food saver vacume saver. Have never had a problem. I also do my reloading powder the same way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts