The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a 100th anniversary Harley that belonged to a guy that worked at a Harley dealership but has passed away. He took meticulous care of the bike and it still looks "show room" I got none of the literature or maintenance records and I suspect those records are forever gone. (His fiance trashed every thing after his death) It got a little dusty in storage and when I washed it, the dirt just seemed to slide off with little effort. The follow up question would be would it hurt the ceramic coat to wax the machine?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
It won't hurt it but it is not as good as some of the ceramic coating refreshers that they use. I would put a little in a small area and see how it comes out, should be fine.

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
Check a local dealership or motorcycle repair shop in your area to see if he had maintenance done there and see if you could get a copy of the records. Explain to them what happened and se if they could help.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
Check a local dealership or motorcycle repair shop in your area to see if he had maintenance done there and see if you could get a copy of the records. Explain to them what happened and se if they could help.
Yep. Since he worked for an HD dealer, he most certainly would have had the scheduled maintenance done there and they will have a record of it. Even if he was a mechanic and did the service himself, he would have had the service dept log it in the computer.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
The follow up question would be would it hurt the ceramic coat to wax the machine?
Not at all. If in fact it has been ceramic coated one of the many products on the market today used as a top coats not only increase gloss but act as an sacrificial layer to help protect and extend the life of ceramic coatings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts