The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a diehard Eagles fan. Watched the BOYS last night and hate to say they looked pretty good.HOWEVER it only to a few series before Romo was down on the ground grabbing his lower back.It was scary at first because he didn't move but he was ok to walk off on his own power. It wasn't a hard or dirty hit the defender hit him from behind and fell on him. I guess with all the weight and the way they went down it bent him a bit.Of course after the game they all talked about how tuff he is.My point is....Don't think this is the last time we see Tony down on the turf and not getting up. He is BROKEN GOODS

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
capt rudy said:
Oh , forgot to say the BOYS lost.....It's only preseason 27-17
I follow the Iggles, and whoever is playing the Cowboys! When the 'Boys lose, I say Yay!!!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Preseason games mean nothing...go watch a high school game you'll get more out of it in the long run...don't waste your time watching a single play.?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Retired_Rusty said:
capt rudy said:
Oh , forgot to say the BOYS lost.....It's only preseason 27-17
I follow the Iggles, and whoever is playing the Cowboys! When the 'Boys lose, I say Yay!!!

What a coincidence.. My two favorite teams are the Steeler's and anyone playing Philthy.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
SRA-5C+ said:
What a coincidence.. My two favorite teams are the Steeler's and anyone playing Philthy.
If I lived in a Philly suburb, I would be disgruntled too!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Retired_Rusty said:
SRA-5C+ said:

If I lived in a Philly suburb, I would be disgruntled too!

Ha, not disgruntled. A realist maybe but not disgruntled. How's that trophy case coming along?

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
SRA-5C+ said:
Ha, not disgruntled. A realist maybe but not disgruntled. How's that trophy case coming along?
Haha! I am an optimist, so I will say the trophy case is easy to dust!

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Read today Romo is out 6 to 10 weeks.

Bet they wish they snagged Nick Foles before Andy did

Enjoy your retirement Tony history shows you don't come back from injury easy.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
If he's out 6-10 weeks, you can probably stick a fork in him. He can hardly get hit anymore without sustaining an injury. It's young man's game, and he ain't young anymore.

·
6,669 Posts
I don't even think he would be the starting QB of the Cowboys even if he was healthy Week 1. Dak Prescott is looking like the steal of the draft so far in preseason.

·
Registered
39,341 Posts

What's in your trophy case? The town you live in has no pro teams and no trophy case. Unless it's a high school trophy case.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
dc 21 said:

What's in your trophy case? The town you live in has no pro teams and no trophy case. Unless it's a high school trophy case.

As a Steelers fan, what I was referring to was the 6 Lombardi's that currently reside with the team. And, again as noted, your boys have -0-. And, with the upcoming season almost upon you, the only way you will ever see a Lombardi is on TV or Google.

·
Registered
39,341 Posts
You got that right, those trophies belong to the Steelers. Tell me, what did you have to do with winning them. Oh, that's right, nothing.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
CRENoutdoors said:
I don't even think he would be the starting QB of the Cowboys even if he was healthy Week 1. Dak Prescott is looking like the steal of the draft so far in preseason.
I have a few friends who are cowgirl fans and they keep yapping about Prescott and how good he's been. Keep in mind, even while playing against starters, he's still facing a basic, vanilla defense. Things will be much different when he has to face a complex defense designed specifically to stop him. I'll buy into him if he does well against that.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
dc 21 said:
You got that right, those trophies belong to the Steelers. Tell me, what did you have to do with winning them. Oh, that's right, nothing.
Well, me personally, I drank Iron City beer, yelled real loud and twirled the Terrible Towel. Let me see you multi task like that, mister!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
dc 21 said:

Following a team, the same as you do. But you sir have a classic case of "Lombardi Envy". In Philthy there is no cure for it.

??If a Lombardi trophy case has no Lombardis in it, is it still a trophy case??

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Buckethead said:
Well, me personally, I drank Iron City beer.
You Sir are a better man than I.
Thank goodness we have the Yuengling plant on this side of the state!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts