The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad all those Steeler fans had their cryin' towls out yesterday. One thing I noticed is that you can't stop Ray Lewis. Fly Ravens fly.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,532 Posts
far as I can tell, both teams have the same record. And yes, it's hard to stop a man once he has beaten a murder charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John Henry said:
far as I can tell, both teams have the same record. And yes, it's hard to stop a man once he has beaten a murder charge.
I was talking about the NFL football game that was played yesterday between the Ravens and Steelers. Whenever someone mentions the Ravens, you are the 1st one to jump in and start talking trash about Ray's past. What I was referring to was Lewis' performance yesterday ON the field. Like him or not, Ray is an amazing linebacker. What he can do at 35 years old is unreal. Did you see the diving interception at the end? If you feel compelled to continue to bash Ray Lewis, why don't you start your own "Let's bash Ray Lewis" thread. And since we are bashing other teams players...Big Ben + rapist = suspension.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,798 Posts
rlfb74 said:
And since we are bashing other teams players...Big Ben + rapist = suspension.
Lewis was convicted of playing a role in covering up a brutal murder. He pled down to that, and stuck his friends with the rap to cover his own butt. Ben wasn't charged with anything. BIG difference.




Got a mug shot of Ben? Didn't think so. You guys should be so proud. You barely won a game in which the Steelers beat themselves and played with a 4th string QB, not to mention that Boldin should receive an Oscar for that acting job to buy a call on Harrison. Congrats, we will see you again in another Steeler home game in Baltimore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
steelerfan58 said:
You barely won a game in which the Steelers beat themselves and played with a 4th string QB, not to mention that Boldin should receive an Oscar for that acting job to buy a call on Harrison.
According to the Steeler fans on this site, no one ever beats them...they always beat themselves. 4th string QB or not, if he is on an NFL roster, he is an NFL caliber quarterback. He might not be as good as Ben, but he is a professional none the less. Using that as an excuse is not good enough. No one said anything about him being a 4th string QB when you started out 3-0.

The Steelers stopped the Ravens on 4th and goal in the 4th quarter. That should have been enough to win the game. They Baltimore forced a punt and the offense took over. 50 yards for a TD. Where was the defense? The 4th string QB had nothing to do with that. He was on the sideline.

Accept you got beat and quit making excuses. Personally, I'll be ready to watch another great game between these two teams later this season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,920 Posts
Personally i though the play calling on pittsburgh's last offensive series was just plain bad and predictable. Never mind the fact that Baltimore had no respect for the steeler's passing game thus making the run game ineffective.
The ravens have a very good defense but i am not sold on Flacco.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So far, Flacco hasn't been the QB that he was last year. That is surprising since he has so many more weapons to throw to. I hope he turns it on here in the next few weeks. Although, we did win a Super Bowl with a less than average QB in Trent Dilfer. Defense wins championships.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,940 Posts
rlfb74 said:
So far, Flacco hasn't been the QB that he was last year.
I agree. I think he's thrown over half as many interceptions in 4 games than he did all season. Steelers flat out should have won that game but when your kicker misses two field goals and your D back is too busy picking up his jock to cover the reciever, those things tend to work against you. But, I'll take 3-1 without our starting QB anyday. Charlie Batch is no Roethlisberger but you have to play with the people available at the time. The ratbirds own the bragging rights until December so "crow" away.


On a side note, before you keep accusing Roethlisberger of raping anyone, I would suggest you go online and read over the investigative reports and view all the video taped interviews concerning that debacle in Georgia. I think if you do so objectively, it will be plain to you why he wasn't charged with a crime. There is a reason the prosecutor made them all avbailable for public viewing. Or, you can keep hurling unfounded insults. Matters not to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know Ben wasn't guilty of rape, just like Ray Lewis wasn't guilty of murder. For some reason, Ravens/Steelers discussions on this site always turn into finger pointing contests. I originally made the post to discuss the game and celebrate my team winning. I believe John Henry was the one to start slinging the mud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,940 Posts
You are correct. Lewis was convicted of Obstruction of Justice relating to a murder and was present at the time of the murder. he wasn't convicted of the murder. I actually dislike Suggs more than Lewis to be honest with you. But, I generally dislike any player that does a stupid little dance everytime he does something he's paid millions of dollars to do. At least Ray just yells and hits himself.

Please try to understand, we're not used to having people on here so confused they would actually cheer for the ratbirds. We're usually too busy with the flyers fans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,432 Posts
Buckethead said:
You are correct. Lewis was convicted of Obstruction of Justice relating to a murder and was present at the time of the murder. he wasn't convicted of the murder. I actually dislike Suggs more than Lewis to be honest with you. But, I generally dislike any player that does a stupid little dance every time he does something he's paid millions of dollars to do. At least Ray just yells and hits himself.

Please try to understand, we're not used to having people on here so confused they would actually cheer for the ratbirds. We're usually too busy with the flyers fans.

So you dislike Bettis for doing his little dance every time he gained more than 2 yards? Just asking for clarification. Now that I asked that...LETS GO PENS!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,940 Posts
Pretty much, but Bettis wasn't much of a dancer. He'd just shake his head as if to say "You can't stop me" and high step it back into the huddle. When Santonio had the big catch and run in the SB that set up the winning throw, the Steelers had to waste a timeout because he was too busy marching around and making a spectacle of himself to get back into the huddle. I can't stand when any player does that stupid little dancing stuff. Just play. They're being paid millions of dollars to do what they do. Its expected they do their job. Its not a miracle when they do it. I don't mind the chest thumping or maybe some high fives or the like. I played the game for a good number of years and I understand the intensity and I understand getting psyched up. I just hate the stupid little dances some of these guys seem to think they need to perform everytime they do what they're paid to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,432 Posts
I completely agree with you, I don't spike my screwdriver and do a dance after I fix a copier. What happened to "acting like you have been there before"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,798 Posts
Buckethead said:
Pretty much, but Bettis wasn't much of a dancer. He'd just shake his head as if to say "You can't stop me" and high step it back into the huddle. When Santonio had the big catch and run in the SB that set up the winning throw, the Steelers had to waste a timeout because he was too busy marching around and making a spectacle of himself to get back into the huddle. I can't stand when any player does that stupid little dancing stuff. Just play. They're being paid millions of dollars to do what they do. Its expected they do their job. Its not a miracle when they do it. I don't mind the chest thumping or maybe some high fives or the like. I played the game for a good number of years and I understand the intensity and I understand getting psyched up. I just hate the stupid little dances some of these guys seem to think they need to perform everytime they do what they're paid to do.
Bettis knew when to do it, and when not to. And he was usually moving toward the huddle when he did it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,798 Posts
rlfb74 said:
I know Ben wasn't guilty of rape, just like Ray Lewis wasn't guilty of murder. For some reason, Ravens/Steelers discussions on this site always turn into finger pointing contests. I originally made the post to discuss the game and celebrate my team winning. I believe John Henry was the one to start slinging the mud.
Where was the post when they beat cleveland and the Jets? Or did you post this just to rub salt in a very, very sore wound. I'm still miserable today over it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,437 Posts
Come on SF58, he started the thread so he could discuss the game..............with the 2 other ravens fans that are here........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,798 Posts
Gunslinger said:
Come on SF58, he started the thread so he could discuss the game..............with the 2 other ravens fans that are here........
I guess you're right. This must be what it's like to attend a Steeler/Raven game in Baltimore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,036 Posts
Now Steelerfan, I see you're breaking your own rules of "stay in your own thread" jargon.
 
1 - 20 of 196 Posts
Top