The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/URL]

Check out these tracks that is the standard game fence that the state puts around clearcuts. My dog winded something but I didn't encourage her cause I was thinking maybe she winded a bear by the way she was acting then I found these tracks. Must have been a big one. I tracked it for a little ways just to see its tracks and how they move. Look at the nails on that thing! I am going to get my furbearers this year and try to get the dog out on coon a little and maybe set a few traps. Thinking bout going after this fisher. I have seen enough of them last year and know of several areas that hold them. You really learn a lot in the late season while taking the dog out. Not many squirrels out a lot of days but get to see lots of tracks and find areas to hunt for next year. Found a couple or real good prospective spots for deer also.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Clinton County said:
[/URL]

Check out these tracks that is the standard game fence that the state puts around clearcuts. My dog winded something but I didn't encourage her cause I was thinking maybe she winded a bear by the way she was acting then I found these tracks. Must have been a big one. I tracked it for a little ways just to see its tracks and how they move. Look at the nails on that thing! I am going to get my furbearers this year and try to get the dog out on coon a little and maybe set a few traps. Thinking bout going after this fisher. I have seen enough of them last year and know of several areas that hold them. You really learn a lot in the late season while taking the dog out. Not many squirrels out a lot of days but get to see lots of tracks and find areas to hunt for next year. Found a couple or real good prospective spots for deer also.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Find any porcupine sign while you were out there?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Didn't see any porky tracks but they are around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts