The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I say this every year, but I'm just not happy with my consistency. Some days are better than others, but even the good days have some fliers that I can't even explain. I was really unhappy this last week, but I made some form adjustments that seemed to help last night. Anyone else having issues?

·
Registered
952 Posts
What kind of arrows are you using? Aluminum could have a bend that you don't notice and wood could have warped just enough, either one will give you fliers that's why I'm switching over to carbon this year and gonna see how they work out.

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Are they consistently flying to a certain area (ex: left or right, high or low) or are they all over the place?

·
Registered
300 Posts
I noticed that when I shoot for several days in a row, shooting tends to be more inconsistent for me at least. So now I practice only about a dozen shots every couple days. As I get closer to archery season, I will only be shooting one or two arrows a day, gotta make those first shots count. There are a couple of top notch trad shooters that are firm believers in NOT shooting groups, but rather training to pick a spot and make the only shot you have count.... just a few thoughts! =)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you're right superkodiak, I'm overdoing it too much. With that change in form, I wanted to try and ingrain the muscle memory so I've been shooting alot of "blind bale" form work on top of the usual hunting range shots. The soreness I feel this morning tells me it was too much. Going to take the day off, and limit my shots more after that. I understand the theory of the "one shot" guys, but for me, shooting's like eating Lay's potato chips

·
Registered
872 Posts
TZ, I agree with you there. Gotta fling some arrows. Between work, kids, and house projects my shooting has been limited this year but last night I shot about 2 doz times, goups of 4. Groups were tight and busted a nock at 20yds standing on a rock pile so confidence is high. Just hope to maintain form and confidence thru the season. As the weather cools I'll do more stump shooting while scouting, two birds with one stone. That and shooting a golf ball around the yard really help hone concentration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts