The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be headed out tomorrow with my brother and pappa bear to as many gun shops as possible tomorrow to see what stores still have in stock in pursuit of finding another handgun.

Has anyone else been out recently? I have a feeling they're going to quite bare...

·
Registered
709 Posts
I work at a gun shop so I know what you mean. If your looking for ARs, AKs or any other semi auto centerfire, forget it. Same with ammo for those guns. Handguns are still in good supply although some of the more popular CCW guns are sold out. Hunting rifles and shotguns are in excellent supply as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate the replies..

@JaredV-Yeah, that's sort of what I expected. My dad talked about getting an AR right before god-awful event that happened. Looks like he'll have to wait...or pay PREMIUM prices. I, on the other hand, am just looking at handguns. I keep hearing rumors of high capacity handguns being on the list of guns to be banned (I don't want to turn this into a political thread, though).

@spur-Appreciate the thought. I haven't really figured out even what stores I want to visit yet. I think my dad is going to call around tomorrow. I'm really wanting to get the FNS 9

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I was at Gander Mountain in Johnstown Thursday...no semi-handguns with >10 shot capacity, so if that's what you're looking for, I think it's good that you're calling first.

Happy hunting!

·
Registered
448 Posts
my local one has been slammed, walls are almost bare. I was there after Christmas and there had to be 50 people filling paperwork, it was unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
you might give Bees guns and Shultz sports stop a call and see what they have. Bees is in Saltsburg and Shultz is out of Apollo.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My dad mentioned going to Schultz's. He grew up in Apollo so he is quite familiar..and he bought a gun at Bees many years ago!

We ended up having to watch my niece so we didn't go. I think I'm heading to the Washington gun show tomorrow morning, though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Washington gun show was very busy. I didn't end up buying a gun, but one vendor did have the FNS 9, but the price wasn't anything special.

There is another show this weekend at Pittsburgh Mills I think i'll go to, also.

Since I don't have any classes tomorrow I'm headed to Grice's

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i am still debating the pittsburgh mills show this sat. me and my boys look forward to it but if its going to be a mad house i would rather not go. i have no interest in a AR and have all the 223 ammo i need for a long time but i like to cruise the guns.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a fun time, no doubt. The AR prices were ridiculous at Washington's gun show. A P-Mag is now going for $50. Even the guy that ran the booth said he was embarrassed for selling them at that price. Basically everything AR related doubled in price...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts