The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
they have been dropping down here for a while. at first they were small and green, now they have gotton to normal size but still don't look to appetizing.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I just took my squirrel dog for a walk and there are a lot of large green ones on the ground. They were falling as we walked along.
I would like to get a few of the white oak acorns to plant. We have very few of them around here and if I live to be 120 years old then I should see them produce.
I planted saw tooth oak seedlings in the spring and they seem to be doing good. I have been mixing Epsom Salt with water and feeding them that. They seem to like it.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Here in crawford county the brown oaks are dropping now, but I know of some white oaks that are so laden that the branches wanna touch the ground. I am hoping they start soon as I have 5 cameras over them. I am sure that they will still be dropping at the end of the month.

·
Registered
191 Posts
We have an above-average crop here at my place in Venango County. Great to see some acorns on the white oaks (for a change). The deer had great feed this summer due to good rainfall, and should get an additional boost from the acorns as they head into winter.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts