The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a senior hunter who is still trying to be active in water fowling along with small and big game hunting. There are forums for youth hunters, women hunters,disabled hunters and the general hunting population. No one wants to admit that they are getting old, but it is a fact that we all are aging. When looking through the water fowl forum,as an example, one can see that it has become a young man's game. And that is good to see. However there are a few of us out there who have reached a point when things go just a little slower. In talking with people I have met while hunting they express that they used to duck hunt ( example), but their friends are not around anymore or in my case my son works all week and only has Saturdays available. It would be nice to connect with some older hunters who do not want to got quietly into that good night. Also speaking for myself, I have more invested in decoys, hunting clothes,guns, boats and trailers than I would like to admit. How did I get all this? I accumulated it over the years, and now that I am retired I would like to use it. After all I am free to hunt all week if I could. The only draw back is that I also like to be around other people who want to share the hunt or their experiences as only seniors can. Well enough said. I hope you will consider this. Good hunting to all.

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
We're getting too old to try to keep up with all these forums now,we'll be exhausted by the end of the day.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
So, you'd want bigger font and a big flashing arrow pointing to the forum so you don't forget where you last saw it?

(Kidding fellas, I actually agree with you guys that the forum might be an appropriate decision. Unfortunately, I don't make those decisions...)

·
Registered
16,450 Posts
I think you have a fantastic idea. Better yet. There are some forums that are barely even breathing as far as usage. They could eliminate a few of those, and add this great idea instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts