The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I understand only a few members know me from a personal level, I still feel the need to post the following nonetheless...
This June, I will be joining Team Stiff Competition as they hit the road for the annual MS 150 bike ride to support multiple sclerosis. The two-day ride begins at Seneca Valley High School, and concludes in Conneaut, Ohio.
What I am asking for is a donation to my individual page so that I may reach my goal for fundraising this event. Although I just joined the team this year, my brother has been a member for a few years, and together Stiff Competition has raised over $103,000 for MS since their inception in 2009. Last year alone, they were able to collectively raise over $36,000 for this cause, and receieved numerous awards in doing so.
Like I said earlier, I know it may seem like a long-shot in a sense to donate to someone's page you've never met, but if anything else I think it's right to raise awareness on this issue. You can PM me for details if you'd like and I can give the complete run-down of the event, or you can simply click the link provided at the bottom of the post to donate directly to my MS account through the Bike MS web site.
Thanks ahead!

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/T...amp;fr_id=20526

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
G.C. Archer is a good stand up guy. I have turkey and coyote hunted with him. He takes every hunt seriously, and is a dedicated bow hunter. He also just graduated from college this year and worked hardcore home construction work 2 hours 1 way from home during the day time to pay his bills.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alpine. I figured someone with knowledge on MS such as yourself would appreciate this post. It pays to have some experience with this issue so that you may understand its effects and see the benefits of such an event.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump for what I feel is something to not be ignored. I have raised roughly $250 thus far for our team, with plans to raise $500+...
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated folks!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much! I appreciate it a ton, honestly. Glad to know I can help make a difference and gain support along the way!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a problem at all! It's something small to me, that means significantly more to others, so it's all worth it!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Very cool! My son has done this a couple times a few years ago. We would drive ahead and set up signs for him going past. When you arrive in Conneaut there will be many people with signs of thanks,it was nice. We were at the lake to see him and his friends finish, I know I could not sit on that seat for 150 miles.Good Luck to you! I also have a family member with MS, thanks for what you are doing!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a problem at all! I'll be looking forward to the signs along the way. Maybe a little inspiration to carry me through the ride!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Lets get this back up to the top awhile! Its for a good cause!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot outdrnut! We just receieved raffle tickets, flyers for our annual corn hole event, etc. at the annual team meeting.
I have an individual goal of $500 before the ride starts, and I'm at $285 currently. I have time still, and am very happy with the progress!
By the way for those intersted, we are also accepting any form of donation for prizes at our corn hole event. This is our biggest event, and nearly all items for the event are donated (food, gifts for baskets, etc.). ANY and ALL contributions would ge greatly appreciated. Receipts can be given upon request by the donor for tax purposes.
Thanks again everyone!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts