The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
14,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04/15/2015
09:30 AM
Voting meeting on HB 263, HB 455, and any other business that may come before the Committee. Room 205
Ryan Office

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HB263 An Act amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, further providing for unlawful devices and methods.
HB455 An Act amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, in game or wildlife protection, further providing for unlawful activities.

·
Registered
22,081 Posts
HB 223 is also in the house Game & Fisheries committee waiting to be brought up for a vote.

hopefully all will pass.

·
Registered
19,579 Posts
263 is the air rifle bill. I hope this one moves swiftly as well.

·
Registered
19,579 Posts
Today this bill (HB263) passed unanimously out of Game and Fish. Onto the house floor. The bill, as it sits now, transfers regulatory authority of air rifles for hunting to the PGC. I have been working on this one for awhile. Of course, we have been here before and it died last session. Hoping for a better outcome this time.

There seems to be some movement as the Commissioner Putnam asked for some reports by staff on this.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
It will be very interesting to see if Wolf will sign the bill if it gets that far. Given his association with the animal rights groups, and his anti gun stance, I fear this might be a futile exercise.

Very much pushing the bill. But none should be surprised if it doesn't become law at the final step.

·
Registered
19,579 Posts
HB263 passed third consideration in the house today unanimously. On to the senate for consideration.

·
Registered
19,579 Posts
It sits in senate game and fish. I think they are in recess till early June. Next game and fish meeting I hope it is on the agenda for consideration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts