The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proposed legislation, similar to the MT law.

If a gun is made in PA, and stays in PA, the BATF, is out of the loop. Not full-auto, but SBR, SBS, etc.

House Bill 1988

Would/could bring in some business, employ some of our fellow HPA members looking for work, and most of all support our 2nd Amendment rights.

Anyone else keeping up on this?

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Interesting..

The Cricket youth rifles are made in PA. Muzzeloaders for sure - what other gun manufactures are in PA??

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Would be so niceto tell Washington to mind their own business! I am betting that Supreme Court will find that the feds can overrule the new laws.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I emailed Senator Alloway and State Rep. Keller, will update with response.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not get an email from Senator Alloway, instead I just recieved a phone call from his secretary Melissa.

Without a doubt, and with the utmost respect for our rights, he is on board and willing to stand up.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did receive this as well earlier.

Dear Combat Veteran:

Thank you for taking time to email with your thoughts regarding House Bill 1988.

I am in agreement with your position on this matter and am pleased to inform you that I am a co-sponsor of this legislation. I am a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment and will continue to vote accordingly on all related legislation such as this.

If my office may be of any assistance to you or your family in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Mark Keller

Mark K. Keller
State Representative
Perry & Franklin Counties
1-800-959-8119
FAX - 717-582-8979

·
Registered
25,907 Posts
Rep. Keller is a darn good feller in my opinion, even if he does cast a pretty good shadow on a sunny day.

·
Registered
208 Posts
<span style="color: #000099">Here is some more information on what HB 1988 Firearm Freedom Act (FFA) has to offer PA, along with other states efforts to pass this into law. There are 7 states besides PA that have introduced FFA and you can see that Tennessee & Montana have passed it. The MT law went into effect Oct 1, 09 and pro gun groups have filed a lawsuit to support states rights under the 9th & 10th amendments.

There is a LOT more at stake than just a gun rights bill, this is about state rights and the future.

Lots of details on this link about FFA, what it will do and won't do - watch the CNN video.

Please take the time to read about FFA and if you are ALL for the concept, consider contact your Rep and ask them to become a sponsor. </span>
http://firearmsfreedomact.com/

<span style="color: #000099">Note this will also cover ammo and accessory made and retained in PA, there is lots of federal taxes that would be elimated for ammo made in PA. So would like to support PA based business and save cash for made in PA ammo?

Consider supporting PA FFA & HB 1988</span>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts