The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
checked for fleas nothing wondering if his exsesive itching is normal or maybe a skin problem 3 years old always scratched but never like this not using anything different on him

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
If he is constantly chewing he has a problem, could be an allergy or something else. If he was mine he would go to a vet where scrappings can be taken and looked at under a microscope.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah he is due for checkup not constantly chewing or i would of taken him to vet also had a dog long time ago taht was kinda doing same thing and was told by vet that it was just nervous compulshion {needed exersize}

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Does the feed you use have beef in it? I had a dog with that problem once and it was a beef allergy, switched to chicken and rice feed and problem solved. My vet said that is a common occurrence with allergies to beef.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've posted this before but incase you don't see it. Make sure the food you are feeding is a good food. If your not sure what is good as the pet or feed store clerk. I feed exclusive and taste of the wild and my dogs do very well. Also add 1 teaspoon of oil (veg. cooking. fish etc..) to the food once a day. Use an oatmeal shampoo to sooth the skin now. If this doesn't help give benadryl, for dosage just think of what you'd give that size human. Labs and other bigger dogs give 2 pills 3x a day beagles or terriers 1 pill 3 x a day. My bassets takes 2 pills 3x a day when allergeys flair. You cna also apply gold bond powder to the skin to help sooth it right away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts