The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and picked a mess of different hot peppers today at my buddy's Farm to dice up and ferment to make a Hot sauce a few months from now...

I Wore Rubber Gloves!

Where the Rubber gloves did not go any further above my wrist it was burning, After I was done, I took the rubber gloves off and washed my wrists Real Good...NOW My Whole Hands are Burning!!

Any little easy trick to get it to stop Burning??

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I don't wear gloves when I prepare hot peppers for canning. Using dish soap I can get enough oil off that using the restroom causes no pain, touching my eyes still gets me for a few days afterwords though.

·
Registered
7,812 Posts
put some rubber gloves back on if ya gotta pee.

try a baking soda paste...on your wrists

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Milk helped to a point, it is not burning as bad as it was...I was walking around swinging my arms in the arm to get them to cool off! THANKS IVN!!!

it was a mix of Cherry Bombs, Jalapeños and Cayenne hot peppers....

WOW, I never had burn from those 3 before, this felt like I was messing with Ghost Peppers!!

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I do Hungarian Hots and Cherry Bomb peppers. While my hands don't feel burnt, I've noticed that after cutting up and processing a half bushel or so the skin on the knuckles of my right hand will start to chap and peel from the pepper oil.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I once burnt my hands from Habaneros so bad that my skin was literally flaking off. The Penn State extension office gave me this trick. Take 2 bowls of vegetable oil and put in freezer until it is thick, remove and soak your hands until it melts then put back in freezer and wash hands thoroughly with dish soap. Repeat as needed until the burning stops.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Pepper burn is similar to jellyfish stings. Have a buddy help you out.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The active ingredient in hot peppers is soluble in fat, in the mouth milk or cream is good, I suppose it would work on your hands and arms as well.

·
Registered
16,468 Posts
Not sure what concoction you made, but after reading... are you sure you want that mix INSIDE your body ? WOW, I''d have to think twice about putting that in my gullet.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fleroo said:
Not sure what concoction you made, but after reading... are you sure you want that mix INSIDE your body ? WOW, I''d have to think twice about putting that in my gullet.
Well, I thought about that!

I'm sure it should mello Out after it ferments and then the Vinegar and Carrot Juice is added to it...if Not, I know a Guy who loves to use Straight "Pure Cap" hot sauce on his foods, he will love it if it is to hot for the rest of us!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Use the regular Orange Dial hand soap. It extracts the oils from the peppers from your pores.

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
If you are ever unfortunate to get it on private areas or eyes, you can use staight Johnsons Baby shampooand wash you eyes and other areas with it as well as a liberal use of cold or room temp water hot water opens pores mre and husts alot. Should work on skin as well as it will break down oils and get them out of your pores on the skin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts