The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of using my x mas bonus for a crossbow this year. i really like the fury and havac and the rlt limbs. i was told by the sales guy at cabelas that those bows will be the bows that put horton outa business! i said i havent heard much from online about many issues and he wanted to bet me $. i laughed and said i would think on it . im not buying there anyhow ill look around . so are these x bows ok or should i wait . i like the balance and the small mass of these bows over the rest. all input appreciated .

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Personally I would look at either a Tenpoint/Wicked Ridge line or Excalibur. They both have great customer service and a quality product. Contact Arrowhead on here. He will treat you right!

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
Horton Visions are still available and they have been solid performers over the past few years. The newer Havocs and Furys have had some trigger issues out of the gate.

I love the reverse draw concept and I expect most manufactures will eventually have a few in the lineups with time.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have a Horton Tacoma (2nd crossbow I owned), and I like it. I don't think Horton still makes them. It's simple but effective. After all the headaches I had with my first Barnett, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Horton.

I wouldn't listen too much to the sales guy at Cabelas, sounds like he's pushing another brand & has his own agenda.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cold Creek Road, If you went to the Cabelas in Hamburg Pa. You must have talked to the same sales person I did. I got the same story reguarding the new Horton bows. I own a Horton Vision, and was interested in the newer Havoc and Fury. This year I killed the biggest 8pt. of my 50 years of hunting in Pa. using the Vision.

·
Banned
649 Posts
I have the Fury and it has performed great, no trigger issues or anything else except the cocking sled they sent was burred, but they resolved that issue quick

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Check out the Barnett Vengence too. The RDT bows are all copies of the Scorypd and the Barnett looks like it could pass as an original. I spent a few days shooting one and I liked it alot.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I Have the horton Legend hd 175 for 6 yrs now, only had a saftey sticking problem sent it back ,fixed and back within a week little heavy but i like the bow

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Ok I was looking at the Horton Bone Collector for entry level xbow for a freind.. But after reading the warranty on thier website..I'll decline.. it states in there and I quote " 5.The crossbow limbs are guaranteed against defects in workmanship and materials for three(3) years from date of purchase. " Not life time as others do..

·
Registered
343 Posts
I purchased a horton havoc in late october of this year after my parker had a limb failure,This bow is fast,quiet and incredibly balanced.Accuracy was the same as my parker,very accurate!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts