The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have a horton vision keep a eye on the roll pins that hold the cam to the limbs mine are working out their are four of them two on each side one on top and one on bottom

·
Registered
19,842 Posts
Glad you caught that. Would not want to see the aftermath.

·
Super Moderator
4,874 Posts
When they come out again put red loctite on them before putting them back in.My guess is they will stay in place then.

·
Registered
19,842 Posts
Oh my!! That is not good at all.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Hope you friend is OK. It looks like the cam hit the barrel really hard. (dent above quiver mount) Did Horton tell him how long it would take to get his bow repaired?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I just herd back from my friend, and he said that Cabelas had 2 OTHER horton visions do the same thing in the range. He was able to take the xbow back and he traded it in for a Ten Point XL. It is ashame because I thought that Xbow was going to be the next best thing.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i have a guy that bought the ten point XL iand it blew apart i guess any of them you can have trouble with its just like a woman you can get a new one and one week later she falls apart

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i shot the vision and was quite impressed. i was seriously considering it, but stayed away from horton because of the past limb issues. glad i did!!! that would make your heart skip a few beats! hope your buddy is ok.

·
Super Moderator
4,874 Posts
I wonder if any of them came apart because the arrow wasn't tight on the string or the arrow was too light for the bow.

·
Registered
19,842 Posts
diablo666 said:
I wonder if any of them came apart because the arrow wasn't tight on the string or the arrow was too light for the bow.
Could be. Saw a Vision essentially dry fired last year when the owner tried to shoot a flat nock. The string broke but the limbs seemed okay. Made a awful sound.

Using flat nocks on a bow like the Vision, which does not have a full contact rail, could create a dry fire scenario.

An arrow not being tight up against the string can do the same thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts