The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked at or picked up\shot one of these new Horton Crossbows? Don't look at the price. I was just wondering if anyone has actually held one and was wondering what your thoughts were about the weight, and how easy to handle these were.

Did you find them clumsy to handle or easy? I ask this from a standpoint that I have a disability, but I have been using a 55lb compound bow. I currently carry my compound with a sling, as a compound is much lighter to carry and easier to maneuver. But, because of my limited strength, I can only pull a 55lb bow.

Any comments on these new crossbows?

Thanks.

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
Held it and shot it. The best balancing and the quietest crossbow I have ever held or shot. Very narrow as well.

I would give Arrowhead a shout if you are considering it to get his opinion on its reliability and such.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Iv'e shot them several times. Very nice bow and quiet for a crossbow. They are quite a bit heavier than a regular bow. I can match the price listed on that website if you are interested.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I haven't actually held one yet....but I've seen the spec sheet and noticed they list the weight at 8lbs. So I just was thinking this one I may be able to handle. But I guess I will have to "find" a "live" one and see how it feels.

Dave

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was more impressed with the Horton TRT ultra-lite express - very light, points well, narrow limbs. Held it at the Harrisburg show. Anyone know anything about this model? Price?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I agree, but if they don't have the customer service to back them up....then the good price means nothing. It's getting better, but that is one area they don't compare to Excalibur or Parker.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I agree on the service in regards to how good excalibur is, ten points service is good as well. I have shot this bow and its smooth and quiet, the cocking aid is a little fussy to work with but a vast improvement over past years offerings from Horton. I'm considering one also, best price I've found was at bowhunters superstore 649.99

1 - 11 of 11 Posts