The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hortons new TRT Ultra-lite Express 175 is going to be one to watch this year. Anodized riser and barrel,over molded stock and grip, inverted cams and string stoppers. It weighs 6 1/2 lbs.The package is going to run $599. Also, gone is that goofy "dial a range" thing that everyone hated. If they get thier customer service problems straightened out (I'm sure they will, and it's getting better all the time) they have a winner here.

·
Registered
18,707 Posts
I like it. If it shoots as good as it looks they will move alot of these.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Package ? bare bow? what will go as the package thanks

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The package is going to run $599. Horton's packages usually include a scope or red dot, quiver, arrows and a rope cocker.

·
Registered
38 Posts
AH. I really like the looks of this crossbow, I hope it feels as good as it looks. In comparison to the cyclone, what is your opinion? Will you have this one at the harrisburg show?

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What I am hearing right now is that they are scheduled for release mid-spring. We won't have one for the Harrisburg show, but Horton might be there with one.
Cyclone-vs-Ultra-lite Express 175 ?
I will say that the new Cyclone REALLY impressed me. It is more like the Tornado than last years model. It balances much better and it's fast. It also has a lifetime warranty. Anytime I look at a crossbow, I feel it's important to look at the warranty and the customer service.
That being said, I think that this is the best Horton I've seen to date. It handles much like the Tornado. Well balanced. I however, have never been a fan of the Encore style stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts