The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is looking for a crossbow and for his price range I reccommended the Parker Buck buster 175 (with Scope and quiver) and the Horton Legend HD 175 (Scope, quiver and some extras) The parker can be had for $527 and the horton for $509. I thought I heard that Horton is having some troubles or not making bows. Not sure what is true. Any suggestions or help in him making hi final descision would be helpful...

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Parker even thouugh I have a Horton the service is much better with parker if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
18,621 Posts
In that price range the Buck Buster package is tough to beat. Great customer service if you would ever need it.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
i got the Parker buckbuster 175 and highly recomend it

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like i know where this is going, Looks like a parker... thanks for input...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My buddy bought the Parker BB 175 Last night. $527 plus tax with free shipping.... It his his x mas gift from the wife... Hope whe can brek it out befor the 25th... thanks all for the help...

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
i think he'll be happy, arrowhead sells some great bolts for that bow

·
Registered
653 Posts
parkers limbs are life time garenteed... i know for a fact.. and parker are one of the few that you don't need to wax the rail

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Parker buck buster is a great bow. Very small, accurate and one of the quietest xbows I've shot. Used to have one before I bought my excalibur.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The Tornado is more compact than the Buck-Buster. The Tornado has a width of only 24 inches and the Buck-Buster is 26 inches wide. They both weight 7.2 lbs. The Buck-Buster is also 1/2 inch longer.
The biggest difference is in speed and vibration. The Tornado is much faster and the felt vibration is much less with the Tornado.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just bought a Parker Tornado today, used to have Barnetts and Hortons up til now. I can safely say the Tornado is one of the best out there, I like it better than my buddy's tenpoint. The Tornado is compact, quiet and fast. I guess this will be my xmas present to myself

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
ruger1v said:
My friend is looking for a crossbow and for his price range I reccommended the Parker Buck buster 175 (with Scope and quiver) and the Horton Legend HD 175 (Scope, quiver and some extras) The parker can be had for $527 and the horton for $509. I thought I heard that Horton is having some troubles or not making bows. Not sure what is true. Any suggestions or help in him making hi final descision would be helpful...
Parker!!! ever see the serving on a Horton string? Looks like bailing string wrapped around it.. and seperates after about 10 shots... pretty poor if you ask me..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts