The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would post a review on the new x-bow. I Got the hornet xtreme with the illum. scope and red hot arrows.

I first shot at 20 yards and was way low. I turned 50 clicks and the next shot hit the paper witch is the size of a pack of smokes. I was happy to say the least! I then shot at 30 and had the same results dead on. I put the crosspro broadhead on and it hit about 1 inch low. I then tried a rage 3 blade and it seemed to fly great also 1 inch low. I made 1 final adjustment and reshot. Both heads hit where i aimed everytime. I moved back to 40 yards and hit dead center again with both broadheads.

I have to say imo the hornet xtreme is a very nice bow for the price. Add the red hot/hawke scope and you should have a deadly combo. I did notice when drawing the bow the "cable slide" does not slide smoothly , it kinda makes a slight noise and skips back the track rather then it moving smoothly? I'm unsure if its because its a new bow or the tolerances are so tight. It didnt affect the arrow flight.
I came home and tried to put some of the "red hot" lube on the slide to see if it moved freely but it did not help? anyone else notice this? Overall im a happy parker owner!

Btw- the bow fits and feels great! the scope is nicely calibrated to that particular bow.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
The noise from cocking won't matter.You will be fine.If it is a problem Parker will fix it.Arrowhead will know what to do.I have to ask,are you the guy that sold all of your guns?If so why?Just curious is all.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The skipping of the cable slide has to do with the camo finish getting on the slide track, or sometimes they are just tight. If you just keep shooting it will soon go away or you could put a drop rail lube in a cotton swab and get it in there.

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
The Hornet is a sweet bow. Good luck with it. The cable slide issue should go away.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Just got it last Monday. Probably 30 shots, mebbe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts