The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Leverlution ammo in my Model 336 35 Rem shoot real accurate...However heard tell from a lot of hunters that the Leverlution in the Model 336 30/30 is not accurate...Marlin even to make it shoot better made a more expensive Lever in 30/30 that has the correct rate of twist.. The 35 Rem Model 336's have the correct twist. Older Marlin 336 in 30/30 do not..So if your Model 336 30/30 does not shoot well with the Leverlution it's probably it just does not have the correct rate of twist..

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Thats right. I had the same issue last year. The older 336's had a hard time stabilizing the hotter loads due to the twist rate. The newer ones seem to shoot very well though.

Great info

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
The 336 I used to own did not like the Leverlution loads but loved the 170 gr Core-loks

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
my marlin 444 looooooooves the leverlution loads

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Are any of you guys actually taking advantage of the LE rounds or are you just shooting them because they're new?

·
Registered
838 Posts
My 336 dates back to the 60's and loves them.

I no longer use it as my regular rifle, but have sighted it in as a back up gun.

·
Registered
6,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JasonN said:
Are any of you guys actually taking advantage of the LE rounds or are you just shooting them because they're new?
I have not taken advantage of the Leverlutions capabilty to shoot farther.. However the capabiltiy is there.. I have an Leverlution BDC scope. It's a Cabelas and you have to make sure you order the correct scope for your caliber. However Cabelas BDC scope and the Leverlution shoots so good when sighted in at 100 yards.

I have killed one deer with the Leverlution and the Model 336 35 Rem. Typical of Pa the deer was only 30 yards from me when I shot it..

I would like to add that the Model 336 35 Rem shot good groups with Corelokt bullets too.. I had the Corelokt zero'd in for 100 yards... The Leverlution shot about 6 inches high at 100 yards... I dropped the recticle down so they were right on at 100 yards..

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Have shot a 10, 8 and 5 pointer with Leverrevolutions in .35 Remington out of my Marlin Marauder Carbine. Shot 5 rounds, all passed through the lungs (and one also through the heart). All had good expansion and were pass throughs.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Accuracy out of my 35 marlin lever with the leverevolution was 4 inches at 100 yards...back to remington coreloks.

Not sure the Leverevolutions could help on my Pa deer hunting well under 150 yards?? but I tried them.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I like the Leverevolutions for their expansion. 200 gr. Winchester silvertips and 200 grain Remingtons are usually fine. But if you do not hit a shoulder blade or a rib going in, the expansion is minimal. Never lost a deer because of that, but have had some tough tracking in wet conditions. The leverevolutions make them leak like a sieve even if they do not hit bone on the way in.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I am not a fan of Hornady ammo. I have tried them numerous times and Corelokt's and Federal's seem to shoot better IMO.

Stetam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts