The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stop in bass pro to day looking to see if they had some traditional round balls on hand,yes to my surprise they did.
I needed some 50 cal. 490 and 54 530 diameters but the price also jump to $14.99 a box.WOW

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
try your local gun shop i buy mine buy the thousand save about 3.75 abox plus cables pro bass and all the big chains seem to be more in my opion

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
That explains why some molds are getting harder to find and higher price.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
So much for the old addage: Reloading and shooting Blackpowder guns save you dough. That is going away fast

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
mountainman09 said:
try your local gun shop i buy mine buy the thousand save about 3.75 abox plus cables pro bass and all the big chains seem to be more in my opion
Who do you buy by the thousand from? Can you mix sizes? Swagged or Cast?

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Retailers and bullet manufacturers don't set the market price on lead and copper.
The price on the commodity market shows an increase over the last year, and a lesser fall in the last quarter.

At least the flintlock shooter doesn't need primers. They're rare at any price.

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
Yep indeed, roll yer own. I always keep an eye out for lead. Probably got enough now to last 20 years. Got 120 lbs a few months ago at a yard sale for $1.00. Nice soft stuff. Of course wheen molding 500 grain 45-70 slugs, it goes fast. (14 to a pound)

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
zimmerstutzen said:
Yep indeed, roll yer own. I always keep an eye out for lead. Probably got enough now to last 20 years. Got 120 lbs a few months ago at a yard sale for $1.00. Nice soft stuff. Of course wheen molding 500 grain 45-70 slugs, it goes fast. (14 to a pound)
Wow, 120 pounds for a buck
That was a great deal. Alot ofpeople want that for a pound

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Pour my own too.Always looking out for the soft stuff.Anyone got any lead pipe they don't want?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
hey Secret icalled allaround to get my best price and when dukes was the cheapest i told him i had a better price he said he would match it save a extra .75cents tried to play a little poker and bluff i won that round

·
Registered
615 Posts
im a big fan of molding myself! right now the lead i have has to much tin . plus without shooting my gun yet... i dont know what mold to buy..... but if there was a group buy of balls .....might just get a bunch!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I bought a box of 100 .490's at Dicks for $10 about a month ago.Don't know if all Dicks stores sell them for that or if they would have any left but I just figured give you all a little fyi.

·
Registered
12,890 Posts
That is a very good price these days. Dixie Gun Works wants way more than that, but as a whole I find them to be way over priced in general.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts