The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #000000">I finally made the trip to my familys starting point in the mid and late <u>1600s</u>. This was my familys home for a spell in the <u>1700s</u>. Followed by the cemetary where the first Nutter here was burried in <u>1702</u>. It was easy to trace my roots since it is a direct line from my mother. Ive been asked to portray my distant realitive in a future event not yet determined...GB I may need to pick your brain a bit as well as a few others here. None the less I am planning on hunting the farm or close by dressed in period correct clothing using Elisabeth during the blackpowder season...The only problem I see is the farm land goes on forever down there and must look pretty darn close to what it did back then minus a few trees due to the fact there are not many houses for miles.</span></span>

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
WOW. Very interesting!!!

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
I think Elizabeth might be out of place for the mid 1600's Bunk. You will need a Matchlock and 12 apostles. Of course that is a good excuse for a new gun. Were your relatives at the Battle of the Severn?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<span style="color: #330033">Christopher died around 1702 so I will be portraying one of his sons or grandsons who lived here in this house----Elisabeth fits the 1770 time period and is a Lancaster style gun of the maker Jacob Dickert---so that is ok but a gun fashioned by one of the MD builders would be even better ---HMMMM----you do have a point Zimm with the possibility of even playing an earlier era with a later gun! I dont think they were ther....I do have the records of Rev War fighting and the pensions there after. In the late 1770 or 80s the 3 brothers traveled west to Virginia and give LARGE Land Grants!! One stoped for several years and live not far from the 9-11 crash site in western PA. The area in VA is now Nutter Fort WVA just outside Clarksburg where I spent most of my summer vacations as a kid. </span>

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im very lucky on my mothers side --- my fathers side has me stuck at my true blood great grandparents. My grandfather was adopted....I was the first in 100 years to open the sealed documents in Annapolis MD and found the true parents to be a Lucy Weber and a Joseph Fletcer. He was to have died in an accident just prior to the birth of his son....I have located a possible match on these two names in Western MD who live 2 doors apart but he doesnt die and they go seperate ways----- I am going to take a trip out to see if I can interview and living realitives of these two people and get a DNA sample.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Very cool. Bunky you guys need to pull an all outer at our next hunt. Just fire on an orange bandana or something. That period stuff is cool. Me and Platter saw some guys last year down Berksies way. Period for me is red and black woolrich.
If your looking for a pal to hunt with down in Bunkytown. I would have interest.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I dont get the actual family farm to hunt my neighbor just told me there are hundreds of acres nearby loaded with farm deer to hunt on public lands!!! Yippiiieeee Im real interested now one way or another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts