The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to put some brush on the blind today on the Susky. I was down there from about 11:00 to 2:00 and did not see a duck. It doesn't look good for Thursday unless this cold front moves some. Anyone else out on the river latley seeing any ducks?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Doubt it. The weather is still going to be mild. All I saw today were wise educated birds. The weather up north is going to be similar to the weather here. I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Not according to forecasts. Vincent. The 10 day is mild, all the water for hundreds of miles north is open. Ontario is usually sitting in snow a foot deep by now, it was 66 degrees there yesterday. No sustained freezing temps in the next 10 days... it doesn't even begin to look good until after Thanksgiving for fresh ducks. All just opinion on my part, but the beginning of the mallard and diver flights seems a few weeks away. I scouted all morning saturday and sunday, sat at a few spots, snuck up on a few to see what beat me, 2/3rds of them didn't hold a duck and morning flights didn't happen. We need some cold weather up north bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts